When We Are Closed



Nhs England

Call 111 when it's a concern, but less urgent than 999.

The NHS non-emergency number.

111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It's fast, easy and free. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals. NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.



If you’re Deaf and want to use the phone service, you can use the NHS 111 British Sign Language service available in your country:

You can also call 18001 111 on a textphone.


How NHS 111 works

You answer questions about your symptoms on the website, or by speaking to a fully trained adviser on the phone.

You can ask for a translator if you need one.

Depending on the situation you’ll:

  • find out what local service can help you
  • be connected to a nurse, emergency dentist, pharmacist or GP
  • get a face-to-face appointment if you need one
  • be told how to get any medicine you need
  • get self-care advice

You can also get:


Out of Hours and Weekends

Outside normal surgery hours, it remains the responsibility of the Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board to provide medical cover for Primary Care problems developing Out of Hours, often carried out by local GP’s.

The system is operational between 18:30 and 08:00 Monday to Thursday and from Friday 18:30 to 08:00 Monday and ALL Bank Holidays. This service is only for urgent situations that cannot wait until normal surgery hours and is not an alternative to your own surgery appointment system. For logistical reasons to minimise delay to patients it is NOT a drop-in centre and we would ask you please, if you develop problems after the surgery has closed, to contact the Out of Hours service on 0300 123 5566. Your call will be answered by an experienced nurse who will ask a series of questions to help assess your problem and decide an appropriate course of action.

The Out of Hours service is the most appropriate point of contact for any illnesses where, during the working week, you would seek advice or treatment from your own GP.